Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hook Construction Practice..



I like this character because he has a good balance between style and solid construction. In other words he is cartoony as well as designy. Also, he appears very simple and to the point. I like that in a character. Everything about him represents his personality. Another interesting thought.. What is the link between character design and his posture. Are they interlinked? Because I think part of the reason I find this character to be so appealing is his posture (in this specific drawing). Had he been standing straight up (in a normal bland way), I probably wouldn't have found him all that appealing, even though his basic design remained the same.





I tried to fix the head, but somehow it came out looking worse, I think. This guy has a tricky head. Am I being to literal with my contruction approach? I don't know. Maybe I just need more practice. Yes, I think that's it.

No comments: